In March 2018, Adobe announced it would no longer develop for Business Catalyst (BC), and that existing sites would go dark on March 26, 2021.
With the lack of development happening on BC, we are seeing more and more bugs in the system as well noticing a negative impact on Adventure Digital customers.
With that in mind, it's our goal to migrate all of our BC sites by the end of this year (2019).
We think this is an awesome opportunity. Why?
It’s your chance to,
- Take stock of your current digital ecosystem
- Evaluate how well your site is helping you reach your business goals
- Refresh your digital marketing approach
- Clear the cobwebs and start a new adventure with new systems and processes
You might feel like your resilience is being pushed. Plan for the next phase of growth in your business and push back!
Your next solution
From the second I heard the news, I made sure that our team had a solid plan for what we'd do next.
We poured through pages and pages of technical specifications for new, cutting edge and established alternative platforms.
We weighed them up against each other. And we started the processes of, one-by-one, matching systems with our clients on BC.
We have successfully built new sites for the majority of our clients. But there is still more to do.
If you're on BC, you know that your business hasn’t been static since your last site was developed. So why should you just pick up the old site and move it somewhere new?
There are a bunch of businesses out there doing just that for their clients - but it isn't our approach. Let’s work together to find an option that will help your business reach new heights.
Choose your own adventure
Squarespace"I use Adobe Business Catalyst to house and share simple content. I have a relatively small website and - other than the blog - content doesn’t get updated that frequently."
- Easy self management
- Template-based (no need for custom design work)
BigCommerce"I use Adobe Business Catalyst to sell products. I have a large inventory or am looking to scale and grow my store in the near future. I want to encourage shopping across their social media channels or on places like eBay or Amazon."
- Ecommerce specific platform
- Transparent pricing - no transaction fees
- Huge 'out-of-the-box' functionality compared to competitors
- Founded in Australia
Kentico Cloud"I have large amounts of content housed within Adobe Business Catalyst or more than one Adobe Business Catalyst site. Lots of people are responsible for creating, uploading and managing content in my business."
- Fully bespoke system
- One content-hub, multiple website or app front-ends
- Can integrate with virtually any system
- The best fit for purpose technology
- Highly scalable and flexible